Monday, October 09, 2006

Since blogging is new to me, I hope you will bear with me until I get the hang of it. I drive an eighteen-wheeler over the road, and i thought some of you might be interested in my experiences out here in this great country of ours. As a Southern boy, born and raised in Georgia, I never really expected to see the things I have gotten to see since becoming a driver. To date, I have visited forty-five of the fifty states, and I have only been driving for thirteen months now. Let me say, that most of this land is nothing like Georgia.
As I write, I am sitting in a truckstop in Minooka, Illinois, just a few miles west of Chicago. Tomorrow, I will be heading toward Denver. I should arrive sometime Wednesday afternoon, if all goes well. From there, I will be driving out to Seattle, Washington. Like I said, I see a lot during the course of a week.
I travel with my six-year-old Shetland Sheepdog named Pistol. He keeps me company while I am away from my wife and three children.
I write poetry as a way of describing the things I see while on the road, and I expect that much of what I post will be poems. If you do not enjoy poetry, I feel sorry for you, as I believe poetry is food for the soul. I began writing poems as a way of sharing this country with my family. I hope some of you find this blog entertaining, and hope to hear from some of you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home