Saturday, October 14, 2006

It has not been the best of weeks. I woke up Wednesday morning around four o'clock in Grand Island, Nebraska feeling like an Eskimo. It was around thirty degrees and the heater in my truck had decided not to work. Fortunately there was a Freightliner dealership nearby and they fixed me up fairly quickly.
I ran into a few snow flurries in Nebraska, but nothing much to get excited over. It was actually quite nice and warm out in Denver when I got there. As I write this post, I am sitting in Harrisburg, Virginia in the middle of the Shanandoah Valley. I left Colorado with 44,000 pounds of Coors beer Thursday afternoon heading this way. I don't yet know where I will be going next, since I don't deliver this load until tomorrow morning. I am scheduled to be home next Saturday, though.
I have no poems to post at this time, as I have been doing little other than driving and sleeping over the past couple of days, but I will be sure to have a verse or two to post the next time I sign on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home