Sunday, February 18, 2007

........I finally made it home on Friday evening around six o'clock. This was a memorable trip. After leaving Idaho on the nineth, I made it across to South Bend, Indiana, where I was forced by DOT regulations to stop for thirty-four hours while watching helplessly as the approaching winter storm overtook me. I left the truckstop there as early as I could legally do so, which happened to be around two o'clock on Tuesday morning. The first ten miles or so of that day was smooth sailing. After that, everything went to pot, so to speak. The snow came, and did not let up for over six hundred miles. I did manage to deliver on time that afternoon near Harrisburg, Pa. Little did I know that my troubles were just beginning.
........I found out, once again, just how blessed with good weather we here in Georgia are. I left the truck stop at eight-thirty that morning heading fifty-seven miles east toward Reading. Nearly twenty-four hours later, I made it. I had to be towed from the snow once, then sat for over fourteen hours in the middle of I78, praying that my fuel did not run out or gel up from the cold.
........ Anyway, thanks to everyone from my church who was praying for me during this time. You will never know how much I appreciate it. I will post again as soon as possible. I will be leaving out later this evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home