Saturday, February 03, 2007

.........Most of us have a picture that we have painted in our minds of the perfect place to live, a sort of heaven on earth, if you will. That portrait for me would be somewhere among the mist-shrouded mountains of Tennessee or North Carolina. I never find more peace within my soul than when I am in the solitude of those beautiful, blue mountains. I wrote a poem that is in my new book of poetry. I would like to share it with you here.

I SEE MOUNTAINS

I see mountains when I close my eyes,
Blue giants standing tall and proud,
Against the smoky sky,
Lakes of mist cover their peaks,
Virgin forests sailing through the air,
On ships of granite,
Carved by nature's hand.
I see mountains when I close my eyes,
Dreaming of a tranquility,
That can only be found,
Among the ridges,
Against the heavens,
Resting within my soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home