Wednesday, January 10, 2007

...........Y'all, it is cold here in Minnesota. DANG COLD! Especially for a Southern boy like me. I have a new joke for Jeff Foxworthy. You might be a redneck if you drive out on a lake in below zero temperatures, sit in a little hut all night, and fish through a small hole cut in the ice. Yeah, these crazy folks really do that. I saw them. But, the craziest thing is, I think I would really like to try it myself. Does that make me a redneck? I'll leave that question open-ended.
...........I am picking up a load in the morning in Eau Claire(I think I spelled that right), Wisconsin, and taking it down to Grande Island, Nebraska. I should beat the aproaching winter weather for that area. I just hope they don't send me west, back into it, on my next load.
...........Oh, well. I have to go now. I should be at a truck stop tomorrow where I can post again. I will try to have a poem or two then. By the way, my new poetry book is finally out. You can find it at www.publishamerica.com, or at any of the online bookstores. The title is Word Portraits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home